About Guangzhou Medical University (GMU)
Guangzhou Medical University (GMU), founded in 1958, situated near the Liuhua Lake Park in the center of Guangzhou, is a full-time medical University. GMU is qualified by Ministry of Education, China to recruit international medical students in English.
Guangzhou Medical University is composed of four campuse.The Main Campus is located in Dongfeng Xi Road and the other three campus seperately located in Longdong,Haizhu and Jianggao Conghua.
There are 15 full time undergraduate medical programs, including
- School of Basic Medicine,
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences,
- School of Public Health and General Practitioners,
- Nursing School,
- Postgraduate School
- School of Continuing Education , as well was three clinical schools combined with affiliated hospitals in GMU.
Every year, GMU recruits 1,500 undergraduates and 550 postgraduates (master and doctors).
- Clinical Medicine,
- Medical Laboratory,
- Medical Imaging,
- Oral Medicine,
- Preventive Medicine,
- Rehabilitation Therapy ,
- Health Administration,
- Biomedical Engineering ,
- Applied Psychology ,
- Western Medicine in Clinical Medicine and
In total, there are 17 programs including Masters and Ph.d.
In addition to excellent academic programs and a faculty comprised of experts in every field of medicine, our university is devoted to medical research and has made great achievements in medical field.
- Chemical Carcinogenesis Research Institute
- Endoscopic Surgery Research and Development Center
- Gynecology and Obstetrics Research Institute
- Medical Ethics Research Center
- Neuroscience Institute
- Respiratory Diseases Research Institute (It is the only State Key Laboratory in Guangdong provincial Universities.)
- Research Institute of the Humanities and Social Sciences
- Tumor Research Institute
- Venom Research Institute
The academic periodicals edited and published by Guangzhou Medical University are as follows:
- Chest (in Chinese) and Guangdong Medicines
- Medical Ethics of China is co-sponsored by GMU.
- Journal of Guangzhou Medical University
- Journal of Modern Medical Bioengineering
- Journal of Thrombosis and Hemostasis
- The Chinese Journal of Arthroplas
MBBS in English for foreign students:
The Ministry of Education, China announced strict measures known as "Interim Provisions for Quality Control Standards on Undergraduate Medical Education in English for International Student in China" in the year 2007 and since then it has been publishing the name list of medical schools which have been qualified to recruit international MBBS students in English medium. GMU strictly follows the regulations of MOE, China, in regard to policies to recruit international MBBS students in English medium, in order to impart quality medical education like course duration, internship, course curriculum, teachers qualification, admission criteria,etc.
Medium of teaching:
As a qualified medical university, to recruit international MBBS students in English medium, GMU is committed to impart quality medical education in English medium with its highly qualified faculties which have been educated abroad as well as the foreign experts.
As per criteria led down by MOE, China, Course duration for MBBS in English medium is 6 years which includes one year internship in the affiliated hospitals of GMU.
Courses Fee and other charges (2018)
|Hostel Fee||RMB 6000/Year|
|Medical Insurance||RMB 600/Year|
|Duration||6 years (including 1 year Internship)|
Eligibility for admission:
The minimum qualification is Senior High School or 10+2 or A level with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Senior High School transcript and certificate, Passport. Applicants must fulfill the percentage of marks required for medical study by the medical council or government in their respective countries.