Objectives of Program:
The main objective of offering this program in a university is to prepare students (including foreign students) to be stomatology professionals that possess; stomatology knowledge clinical skill, innovational techniques and the humanist quality and ability to pursue self-development.
Course Duration: 5 years
(The minimum and maximum years for taking courses are 4 and 7 years respectively.)
The minimum credits for Graduation: 200.5
Diploma: Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
Preclinical Medicine, Clinical Medicine, Stomatology.
Oral Anatomy and Physiology, Oral Histology and Pathology, Conservative Dentistry; Periodontology, Oral Mucosal Disease, Oral and Maxillofercial Surgery, and Prosthodontics.
Requirements of Program:
The curriculum has been structured to prepare graduates to do the following:
- Possess basic theory and knowledge of preclinical and clinical medicine
- Use stomatological knowledge and skills to resolve common ailments and frequently- occurring diseases of oral cavity and maxillofacial part as well as initial treatment to the emergency, rare and serious illnesses.
- Master basic knowledge and general skills of prosthodontics
- Have the capability to pass the national practitioners qualifying examination
- Understand the principles, policies and statute of health work of state
- Master principle methods of information retrieval and data survey to have initial capability to take stomatology research and practical works.