- CIVIL ENGINEERING
Objectives of Program:
The Civil Engineering Program educates and prepares students to succeed in the civil engineering profession by providing them with essential theories, knowledge and engineer skills which will enable them to adapt to economic globalization. The graduate will be able to begin a career in the field of civil engineering such as; design, construction, and engineering management. These graduates will possess the knowledge to perform design, research, construction, education, management or investment in various companies, or in governmental agencies involved in areas of building, transportation, and mine construction.
Bachelor of Engineering (BE)
Engineering Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Reinforced Concrete Structures, Steel Structures, Building Design, and Bridge Engineering.
Requirements of Program:
- Graduates will have the basic knowledge and literacy of humanities and social sciences. They will be provided with the knowledge of literature, art, ethics, history, sociology and public relations by the advantage of multi- disciplinary in Sichuan University.
- Graduates will be built on a strong base in mathematics, physical sciences, chemistry, and be aware of the application and development of the modern natural science.
- Graduates will be prepared for the core knowledge of civil engineering including engineering mechanics, fluid mechanics, structural and geotechnical engineering, engineering material, structural analysis and design, foundation treatment, construction technology and management, engineering survey and structural test skills.
- Graduates will be able to access to information and process data with the various facilities, and have the necessary written, graphical, and oral communication skills.
- Graduates will be prepared for practical engineering designs, constructions and managements, and be able to apply the principles of civil engineering to solve practical problems.
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Objectives of Program:
The Software Engineering Program has been designed to prepare students for a successful career in the software industry and the information technology sector as software engineering professionals with a high level of international competitiveness. Through challenging curricula and innovative courses that combines theory and practice, students will acquire a solid understanding of all aspects of software development, a profound comprehension of engineering economics and entrepreneurship in software practice, and a wide scope of knowledge and skills in engineering, computer science, mathematics and complementary studies that will provide students a base for life- long learning. Each course is delivered in English by an expert in their field, and generally includes periods of classes, practices and group work in which students learn and apply principles, tools and techniques in a real- world project environment. Class sizes are kept small to facilitate interaction and to promote effective learning. Each subject is taught at least once a year (some are taught 2 or 3 times) and most can be studied in any order, with the aim of helping to provide the kind of flexibility required by students with existing commitments.
Course Duration: 4 years
The minimum credits for Graduation: 123
Diploma: Bachelor of Engineering (BE)
Introduction to Computer System, Discrete Mathematics, Introduction to Object- Oriented Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms, Operating Systems, Computer Networks, Software Engineering, Database Systems, System- Level Programming, Digital Logic: Application and Design, Computer Architecture, Linear Algebra with Application to Engineering, and Probability and Statistics.
Introduction to Human- Computer Interaction; Environment and Tools for Software Development; and Principles of Compiler Design.
Embedded Systems, Distributed System and Internet, Software Model Checking, Software Project Management, Software Quality Assurance and Testing, Image Processing, Computer Vision, Data Mining and Data Warehouse, Signal Processing, Web Mining, and Introduction to Artificial Intelligence.
Courses for Practices
Practices in Software Development, Advances in Software Development, and Seminars in Software Engineering.
Requirements of Program
Through the learning and training of the Software Engineering Program, graduates are expected to acquire abilities, knowledge and skills described in the four aspects as follows:
- Fundamental Qualities
- The abilities to identify, analyze and solve problems effectively;
- The abilities of communication and organization, and a strong sense of teamwork;
- A deep understanding of intellectual laws and professional ethics;
- A strong sense of innovation and the abilities to work and learn independently
- Professional Knowledge
- A fundamental comprehension of mathematics and related disciplines;
- A solid foundation of computer science and technology;
- A profound understanding of the theories, models and techniques of software engineering
- Professional Skills
- Proficiency in problem identification and analysis, software design, development, implementation, verification and documentation;
- Proficiency in applying engineering principles to solve problems in software development;
- The ability to work as an individual or as part of a team in order to develop and deliver quality software artifacts
- English Skills
- Proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing;
- Proficiency in writing academic papers and technical reports, and in international conference presentation;
- Proficiency in utilizing advanced technology and heterogeneous sources to acquire useful information